It’s that time again… on Sunday we will be turning the clocks forward. We all know what that means…yes, we lose an hour of sleep, but it also means spring is coming along with tons of fun family activities!! At this point, we all feel like it can’t get here fast enough…enough of the snow and ice already! Don’t worry, spring will be here before you know it, and there’s plenty to look forward to!
Family activities going on this spring in the Delaware Area:
Delaware Children’s Museum: Wilmington, DE 19801, (302) 654-2340.
- Block Party– Build a city out of blocks of all shapes and sizes. Now through April 26th.
- Sensory Play– Explore sounds, textures, and smells and see what you can identify! Daily now through August 30th.
- Pirates Ahoy! Starting at 5pm, meet at our new pirate ship exhibit for fun-filled adventure led by the DCM’s own pirate-in-residence. Every Friday and Saturday night.
Longwood Gardens: Kennett Square, PA 19348, (610) 388-1000.
- Family Community Read Day– March 7th– Hear from Lynne Cherry, inspiring author of The Great Kapok Tree, during an engaging program for families about connecting to nature.
- OrKID Days– March 14th– Children can explore orchid discovery stations, participate in a rainforest activity, enjoy interactive storytelling with puppets, and partake in a family seek-and-find in our orchid-filled Conservatory.
- Meet the Trees– April 3rd – Children 12 years and under can gear up with our Arborists and experience an “uplifting” tree climbing experience.
- Family Story Time– Tuesdays starting April 14th – Storytelling, songs, & puppets allow children ages 3–5 to explore the joys of nature, language, & literature.
Brandywine Zoo: Wilmington, DE 19802, (302)571-7747.
- Zoo Kids: Toddlers and Pre-School- Every Tuesday between March 3rd– March 31st , Friday, March 6th, and Friday March 20th. Through age-appropriate games, crafts, stories, activities and live animal presentations, toddlers, pre-schoolers and their grown-ups can learn and play together.
Linvilla Orchards: Media, PA 19063, (610)876-7116.
- Hayrides to Bunny Land– March 21st & 22nd , March 28th thru April 4th.
Meet Linvilla’s Easter Bunny in person and receive a special treat!
Plumpton Park Zoo: Rising Sun, MD 21921, (410)658-6850.
- Frozen Fun at the Zoo– Saturday March 21st & Sunday March 22nd. Come see Elsa, Anna & Olaf. Join in for the snacks, crafts, games, sing along, story time, animal encounter and don’t forget admission to the zoo.
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny followed by an Easter Egg Hunt- April, 4th.
Milburn Orchards: Elkton, Md. 21921, (410) 398-1349 (800) 684-3000.
- Easter Egg Hunt: March 28th, 29th, April 2nd, 3rd , 4th & 6th
- Breakfast with Easter Bunny: March 28th, 29th & April 3rd, 4th
Wilmington & Western Railroad: Wilmington, DE 19808, (302)998-1930.
- Easter Bunny Express Join the Easter Bunny for a round trip train ride to Ashland March 28th & 29th , April 3rd & 4th.
Bartram’s Garden: Philadelphia, PA 19143, (215)729-5281.
- Little Explorers Toddler Program– “Growing Plants, Growing Minds”. Search the garden for young green sprouts and learn about the baby plant inside of every seed, then plant a seed to grow at home.
47th Annual Great Delaware Kite Festival: Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE 19958, (302)645-8073. April 3rd. Tons of fun for the kids including kite flying competions, food vendors, a face painter, egg toss, and egg hunt.
Dover Days Festival: Dover, De 19901, (302)734-4888.
May 1st-3rd. A jam-packed weekend of fun for the whole family — from the Kids Zone to the classic car show and 350 artisans, crafters and food vendors, you’ll find something for everyone!
Visit us on Facebook to share photos or stories about your family fun activities! We’d love to hear all about them! Stay safe and warm, we’re almost there!